Press enter to search


The TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Care program allows those who are eligible for nursing home care to receive services at home or in a community setting.


CHOICES is TennCare’s program for adults (age 21 and older) with a physical disability and seniors (age 65 and older). The CHOICES program includes nursing facility services and home and community-based services.



To qualify for and remain in CHOICES Groups 1 and 2, you must: Need the level of care provided in a nursing home; AND Qualify for Medicaid long- term services and supports.

To qualify for and remain in CHOICES Group 3, you must: Be “at risk” of needing the level of care provided in a nursing home unless you receive home care; AND Be getting SSI (Supplemental Security Income) payments from the Social Security Administration.


Services Provided

  • Personal care visits
  • Attendant
  • Home-delivered meals.
  • Personal Emergency Response System.
  • Adult day care
  • In-home respite care
  • In-patient respite care
  • Assistive technology.
  • Minor home modifications.
  • Pest control.
  • Community-Based Residential Alternatives
  • Assisted Care Living Facility.
  • Companion Care
  • Critical Adult Care


To Apply

To speak with a CHOICES Intake Specialist, call the Intake and Assistance Line at – 866-836-6678 and choose Option 1. You will need to have the Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and Income for the person who is applying.



If you suspect Abuse, Exploitation, or neglect,

please contact Adult Protective Services to make a referral



Additional Information

TennCare Long Term Support Services Website


Both Federal and State funds are utilized to provide services.


For more information, call the Area Agency on Aging and Disability at 1-866-836-6678.

Counties Served

Blount County, Claiborne County, Campbell County, Anderson County, Knox County, Morgan County, Cocke County, Grainger County, Hamblen County, Jefferson County, Loudon County, Monroe County, Roane County, Scott County, Sevier County, Union County